Perhaps you've seen a skydiver or hot air balloon come dangerously close to hanging in them.
And you would have to be blind to have never seen birds sitting on the wires either. However it wasn't until now I thought this was actually a major problem affecting power supply and really endangering the lives of our avian cohabitants.
I read a blog post on Computerworld UK this week that described one of my chapters in the recently published Greening.IT book as "a fascinating if slightly blue sky discussion of biomimicry".
I'll take that as a compliment. :)
- IEEE calls for Green IT Papers
- Random but related: 5 June 2010
- How to sell Green IT
- Random but related: 23 May 2010
- Electronic waste for bio-fuel?
- Change2 - Is Green Marketing an Oxymoron
- If you only watch one online video this year - this is it
- Biomimicry - what the?
- Indonesia refuses illegal eWaste dump from USA
- Improve business & save a tree
- Data Centre Green Tech Conference
- New Year, new role
- Change 2: On The Couch Episode 3
- Heads up: ICT Sustainability Virtual Summits
- Asia Pacific Digital Innovation Summit
- 1E Desktop Power Management Seminar 19 Nov 09
- Green ICT in Schools
- Change 2: What would you say to Senator Fielding?
- Virtually Indestructible: Data Centre in a Box
- NSW Green Small Business Training and Skills
Page 1 of 4