The Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) has asked for feedback from the Australian IT industry on their proposed Green ICT Quick Wins, as part of their implementation review of the Gershon Report.
AGIMO requests input to Green ICT Quick Wins
Passing the Green IT buck
A recent report commissioned by Bell Micro, an IT distributor in the UK, has found that 21% of organisations have "implemented" a Green IT policy however only 8% of these have actually implemented the policy in its entirety.
ACCC releases best practices on carbon claims
WWF and HP join forces on SIZ
Recently the World Wildlife Fund has developed a number of papers on ICT and it's impact on the environment. HP joined WWF on a couple of these initiatives including the development of the Sustainable Innovation Zone (SIZ), which HP actually launched internal to their own organisation in September 2007.
COA... educate yourself on saving computing energy and $$$
Computers Off Australia is a new campaign that launched on 30th June 2008, aimed at educating consumers and businesses on saving carbon dioxide emissions generated from latent energy use - for example from the thousands of PCs that are left on overnight or with no power management configuration.
- Westpac: Corporate Social Responsibility
- Green Victoria: New Agreement
- SPEC: New Standard for measuring server power use
- Free resource: Environmental Valuation
- Which IT companies are serious about a greener IT?
- Tree planting as carbon offsetting snubbed
- Federal Government develops energy efficiency business reporting framework
- Industry lacks environmental knowledge
- NSW Government fronts up
- Sun: a 3 step process to eco effectiveness
Page 1 of 3